S. Bruce Smith School was named after Sidney Bruce Smith who was an Edmonton lawyer and judge. He served as a trustee on the Edmonton Public School Board from 1937 to 1941, and as district solicitor from 1945 - 1955. For over half a century, Mr. Smith and his family lived in the west end of the city, near the area where S. Bruce Smith School is now located.
S. Bruce Smith School was established in 1991 and is a well equipped, spacious and friendly facility which provides a full junior high program.
S. Bruce Smith School prides itself on being on the cutting edge of technology with our wireless network, Chromebooks, G-Suite and SMART boards.
Transforming the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. Mission Statement We inspire student success through high quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff, and community.
Strive To Be Your Best
At S. Bruce Smith, we believe that all students can succeed and that their success can be realized by:
- providing engaging learning experiences and high quality instruction
- working together with students, staff, parents, and community
- programming to meet the needs of all students towards becoming self-directed, motivated learners of the 21st century
- holding high expectations for work ethic, behaviour, and respectfulness
- guiding students to make responsible choices within a caring, and supporting environment